What data do we collect?
Preptackle receives, collects and stores any information you submit to us via the website or in any other way, which may include personally identifiable information (including name, email, phone number, address), inquiries, comments and feedback that you send to us.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Preptackle with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you subscribe or register with Preptackle or place an order for any of our services with us or with third parties, voluntarily complete forms, testimonials, surveys or provide feedback on our website or via other means, use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
Preptackle collects your data so that we can notify you about our services, provide you with our services, provide candidate support, process your order, manage your account, sending you notifications, updates and tips, maintaining back-ups of our databases, communicating with you and emailing you on other products and services we think you might like.
How do we store your data?
Data provided to Preptackle is hosted on Wix.com and Google platforms. Your data may be stored through Google and Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall. In addition, our tutors will have some of your data stored in the United Arab Emirates in order to provide you with our services.
Providing your personal data to others
We may disclose your personal data to our tutors, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes of our website, providing our services. We may disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person. We may also disclose your personal data where such disclosure is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an administrative or out-of-court procedure.
What are your data protection rights?
Preptackle would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Preptackle for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Preptackle correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Preptackle to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Preptackle erase your personal data.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Preptackle restrict the processing of your personal data.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Preptackle’s processing of your personal data.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Preptackle transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you.
The right to withdraw consent
These rights are subject to certain limitations and exceptions. You can learn more about the rights of data subjects by visiting https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us, using the contact details set out below. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
How to contact us?
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) apply to the use of Preptackle services (including any material, communication and sessions) and constitute the entire agreement between you and Preptackle.
1. For QLTS OSCE candidates only: You acknowledge that you are a candidate of the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) under the Qualified Lawyer Transfer Scheme (QLTS) provided by Kaplan QLTS for the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
2. Enrolment and cancellation: Preptackle may, in its sole discretion, accept or reject any enrolment or subscription application by any person to enrol or subscribe with Preptackle. Your enrolment in any of Preptackle service is subject to availability. Preptackle reserves the right to cancel any session or subscription by notifying you in advance. Preptackle reserves the right to change the individuals responsible for organising or delivering the services at any time.
3. Compatibility and connection: Preptackle is not responsible for any compatibility or internet connection issues. The quality and streaming of any Preptackle online content provided depend on the bandwidth of your Internet connection and your device specification and configurations.
4. Intellectual property rights and use: You acknowledge that Preptackle owns all rights, title and interest in and to all Preptackle material, communication and sessions (“Preptackle Content”) all of which are protected by the relevant copyright laws and you undertake not to share, sell, resell, copy, record, reproduce, transmit or distribute any of its content in any form or by any means for any purpose without prior permission having been given in writing by Preptackle. Preptackle Content is ONLY authorised to be used by the person who subscribed to use it for a limited period of time (during your preparation for your QLTS OSCE assessments). Your right to use Preptackle Content which you have subscribed to are limited to the purpose of preparation for your QLTS OSCE assessments and shall not be used for any other purpose whatsoever. You agree that you will not do anything to infringe or prejudice those rights. Most Preptackle Contents are watermarked with the candidate’s unique identifier version code and/or candidate’s name. Preptackle will use this information to track any items that have been used by, shared and/or distributed to any other person, contrary to these Terms. If Preptackle determines that any candidate has violated the policies set forth here or any applicable laws or regulations, then without limiting any other rights or remedies it may have, it reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deny access by the candidate in breach and any illegitimate user to Preptackle Content and claim compensation for losses from the candidate in breach.
5. Candidates' liability: If you default on any part or all of your obligations arising from these Terms, you shall be liable for all direct and indirect losses suffered by Preptackle in connection with such default, including but not limited to legal fees, collection and court costs.
6. No advice: Any legal information or examples provided in Preptackle Content are for example purposes only and may not be suitable to your circumstances and should not be considered as a substitute for the advice of a lawyer. Preptackle work and services are not to be deemed as legal advice. You should obtain independent verification before relying upon any piece of information.
7. Disclaimer: All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by law are excluded to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws. Preptackle makes no representations or warranties to you of any kind, express or implied, as to the content or materials included. The materials provided by Preptackle are provided on an “as is” basis. Preptackle makes reasonable effort to ensure that the information provided is accurate but does not guarantee, warrant or makes representations about its accuracy, adequacy, validity, completeness, reliability, availability, timeliness or suitability for any purpose.
8. No reliance: Preptackle is not responsible for any loss, damage or cost resulting from any reliance on Preptackle Content. The information contained in Preptackle Content are merely representations of the authors’ opinions on how to approach OSCE questions. The authors strongly encourage the user of any information contained therein to check the information is correct and up to date. The authors have made reasonable effort to state the law correctly, but do not accept any liability arising from or connected with the content of the material, communication and sessions. Preptackle and its authors do not hold themselves as subject matter experts. You agree that you use the material at your own risk in these respects.
9. Limitation of Preptackle’s liability: The aggregate liability of Preptackle (and its tutors, authors, owners, managers and employees) with respect to Preptackle services and Preptackle Content (whether in contract, negligence or otherwise) is limited to the fees received from you or on your behalf in respect of the service in question. Preptackle (and its tutors, authors, owners, managers and employees) shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever (including, without limitation, failure in the assessment, loss of profits or anticipated profits, damage to reputation or goodwill, loss of business or anticipated business, damages, legal fees, costs, expenses incurred or payable to any third party or any other indirect or consequential losses) in any way due to, resulting from, or arising in connection with Preptackle services and Preptackle Content or the failure of Preptackle (or its tutors, authors, owners, managers and employees) to perform their obligations. Nothing in these Terms will operate to limit or exclude the liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence or any other liability that by law cannot be limited or excluded.
10. All stated prices are exclusive of any applicable taxes or other similar amounts including withholding Tax. You shall be responsible for all taxes related to the services purchased (other than taxes based on Preptackle net income).
11. No waiver: Failure or delay by Preptackle (or its tutors, authors, owners, managers and employees) to exercise any of their rights or remedies (full or partial) under these Terms shall not constitute any form of waiver.
13. Assignment and novation: You may not assign or novate any of your rights or obligations under these Terms. Preptackle may assign or novate its rights and obligations under these Terms to any successor in title to its business or to any entity to which a substantial part of its business is transferred, and you authorise Preptackle (and its owners) as your agent to enter into an agreement with such successor or entity in substantially the same form as these Terms to procure that such successor or entity succeeds to the rights and obligations of Preptackle under these Terms. At Preptackle’s sole discretion, you agree that you will execute any deed of novation that Preptackle reasonably requests to give effect to such transaction.
14. Governing law and jurisdiction: These Terms (including any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with these Terms) shall be governed by laws of England and Wales and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) courts.